Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Empire State of Mind w/Sassitude



Empire State of Mind

I love the idea of personal theme songs. And the one I have chosen as my 2010 theme song could not have been released at a better time – Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys. It’s like this song was written for me just at the right moment (especially the chorus). I say this because while I am back working in New York, I was recently away for more than two years. What I realized while I was away was that New York really gives me Sassitude. I am so grateful to be back and honestly feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle everything my heart desires!

Here are the lyrics to the chorus:

In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There’s nothing you can’t do, now you’re in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you, let’s hear it for New York, New York, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment