Monday, January 11, 2010

Burn The Floor w/Sassitude



People that know me know I love Ballroom dancing. We can thank Dancing With The Stars for this. Needless to say Ballroom dancing is filled with tons of Sassitude. I mean to begin with you’ve got the sparkly costumes, see through shirts, popping hips, mugging, pointing and winking, all done under a mirror ball. I don’t think I need to elaborate any more!

This is why on Friday along with a friend of mine, I saw the Broadway show Burn The Floor. Surprise, surprise – I loved it! The show and the cast were all amazing! Known cast members included Kym Johnson, Mary (Hot Tamale Train) Murphy and Derek Hough. This was a huge treat for me – especially Derek Hough! Boy knows how to work it (I can't elaborate any more being that this is a family blog and all.)! Mary Murphy did a couple of waltzes which were pretty. Derek and Kym did a Rumba type dance together which was pretty hot. A couple of my fave dances were done to the songs Magalenha and Proud Mary. And the one big giveaway that the audience loved the show was that they had to open the curtain three times during the encore which was to Turn The Beat Around!

Plus if you watched So You Think You Can Dance this past season the contestant Karen was also in the show. It’s always nice to see competition reality show contestants getting the opportunity to live out their dreams. This just goes to show that it’s not always about winning but about the journey filled with Sassitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment